Wednesday, 24 August 2016
Morning Sickness, a Toddler and another bout of guilt!
I'm early days in my second pregnancy, 3 months to be precise. My daughter is 2 and a half and an active little thing and for the past 8 weeks I have had the WORST morning sickness in the world (in my world anyway). I'm glad to say I'm coming out the other end, every day thankfully it eases off. But they were 8 long long weeks, and as my husband reminds me..for everybody concerned!
I had the same thing with my daughter and although it nearly put me off having another child, somewhere along the line whilst asleep, smurfs performed a frontal lobotomy and so I'd forgotten just how terrible I would feel. Whilst pregnant with my 1st at least I could nap when I wanted, I didn't have a small toddler hanging off me and I certainly didn't have anybody coming into the bathroom to give me a high five whilst talking into Gods telephone..yes that did happen. Bless her she had no idea what was going on. All she knew was mummy was very poorly.
It's heart breaking as not only can you barely lift your head, you also become the most grumpiest person in the world and all I wanted to do was sleep. The past 2 months have provided a little upside for my daughter as her TV watching hours increased (which she loved!), if only to let me have 5 mins lay down on the sofa. But the human climbing frame, the spritely jump around dancing mum and the nutritious cook shop had closed for 8 weeks.. sign went up lights went off, much to her confusion and frustration. And I felt increasingly guilty as I was half the mum I usually was with a much shorter fuse.
I did interestingly find that gluten, dairy and eggs hugely affected my nausea and bloatedness, so these were cut out of my diet, which kind of made my holiday to France a little less exciting.. No French wine, no bread or cheese, and still full time nausea made Sarah a very dull girl. BUT as my workaholic husband was around, this meant our little girl was fully entertained and I could rest, thumbs up to that!
So as I'm approaching the 2nd trimester and that pesky placenta is finally taking over, I once again feel human. I'm trying to be a much better and entertaining mum, I'm trying to make up as much time as possible, before the beached whale look of the 3rd trimester and a new little sibling for my daughter to love, fight with and be jealous over arrives.
I have a feeling this whole new harder journey is just about to begin. Maybe my morning sickness was a blessing in disguise, a soft introduction to my daughter to be more independent. I'm sure having another baby will only awaken that ugly guilt monster again. Life is forever changing, new challenges are often thrown in your path and you have to deal with them, live and learn. But when obstacles and changes are thrown in your child's path, it's natural to want to protect them. But I suppose this is another 'mum learning' experience. You change massively after your first, I suppose the change when you have a second just happens earlier!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment